Strawberry Ginger Crepes
by Veggi Fare
For the filling:
- 1/2 cup - all purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp - salt
- 1/4 tsp - sugar
- 1/8 tsp - dried ginger powder (saunth)
- 1 tbsp - sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp - low fat yogurt
- 2/3 milk - low fat milk
- 7-8 pieces - strawberries, sliced
- 1 tsp - strawberry marmalade
- 1/4 tsp - lemon rind
- 1 tsp - crystallized ginger, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp - sugar (more or less)
- 1/3 cup - water
Castor sugar to dust
caramelised lemon slice ( add 1 tsp sugar in a pan and let it melt, add the lemon slices and cook on both sides for half a minute per side.) (optional)Method:For the filling:
1. Add all the ingredients of the filling (except strawberries) in a pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on a medium heat.
2. Add the sliced strawberries and cook for half a minute and remove from the heat.For the Crepes:
1. Mix the flour, salt, ginger powder and sugar in a bowl and in an another bowl, mix together the yogurt, milk and oil.
2. Add the liquid mix to the flour mixture and beat well until the batter is smooth.
3. Cover the jar with a cling-film and place it in the refrigerator for half an hour.
4. Heat a pan and grease it slightly. Pour approx 2 1/2 tbsp of the batter and swirl until the pan is evenly coated with the batter.
5. Cook the crepe on a medium heat until the bottom is slightly brown. Gently flip over and cook again for a minute.
6. Transfer the crepe on the plate. Fold and top or stuff the crepes with the filling.
7. Dust with the castor sugar and serve immediately.