Sung Choi Bao Crepes
by Kroocrew from Edibly Asian
- 250 g (8 oz) fresh mushrooms
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) vegetable oil
- 250 g (8 oz) ground lean chicken
- 30 ml (2 1/2 tbsp) grated fresh ginger
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) cloves garlic, crushed
- 45 ml ea (3 Tbsp ea) soy sauce, hoisin sauce and rice vinegar
- 7 ml (1 1/2 tsp) Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 ml (1/4 - 1/2 tsp) Asian Chillie or hot sauce (optional)
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) chopped green onions
- 6 hearts of Romaine lettuce leaves.
- 6 prepared savory crepes
Finely chop mushrooms to yield 3 cups.
Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat; add chicken, breaking it up with a spoon as it cooks.
Stir in mushrooms, ginger and garlic; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until mushroom liquid has evaporated. Stir in soy sauce, hoisin sauce, rice vinegar and Worcestershire sauce.
Reduce heat and simmer about 4-5 minutes to blend flavours.
Taste and add chile or hot sauce if desired. Stir in green onions.
Lay flat a single prepared crepe. Place a lettuce leaf on the crepe
Transfer a generous tablespoon of the filling onto the lettuce leaf. Wrap the parcel and place on a serving plate.
These are an enjoyable snack and easily managed as finger food. Ideal as a BBQ appetizer with a beer!